Summer Solstice 2022

I have been meaning to do a summer solstice party with the kids for years now, but due to summer busyness and travel it hasn't ever happened, until this year. This year my birthday happened to fall on the summer solstice as it often does, so I took the opportunity to throw a little family party for both my birthday and summer solstice. 


The kids and I took a little field trip to a florist and got real flowers for making flower crowns. 


One of my sweet friends gave me these macaroons for my birthday. They were delicious and on theme for the party :)


The sunset lighting was beautiful. (Moses had already been put to bed which is why he isn't in any of the pictures.)


It's crazy to think back on these summer night, now sitting here writing this as we are nearing the winter solstice and it is pitch black by 6pm!



The boys needed flower crowns too. 


I made myself a cake this year, chocolate with vanilla frosting. It was delicious if  I do say so myself. 


















I'm still not great at getting the lighting right when taking pictures with my DSLR camera, but I kind of like how these turned out. 


After the party wound down we let the kids stay up until dark, a very exciting prospect for them! We read a couple of picture books about the solstice and gotten eaten alive by mosquitos (they were so bad last summer)!

Here's to another trip around the sun and my last year in my twenties!




 

Comments

Popular Posts