Giving

 We have a new little face (that I can't show!) over here.  Yes we took a new foster placement. He is a three year old boy. His internet name is Orion and he is a sweet little boy who has been through so much. I am always surprised, though I shouldn't be, at just how adorable and loveable the children in foster care are. I want to shout it from the rooftops. They are normal children! They aren't bad or hard or scary! They just need someone to love them! 

Orion has fit right in with our family. He loves playing with Julian and Israel and he loves cuddling. I know many (most? all?) people do not understand our decision to take in another child when we already have five children, but I think if people knew and really saw what goes on in their own counties and cities and neighborhoods then they would. 

And well, you know what they say about how the one giving service actually receives more? I truly feel that when it comes to myself and our family and fostercare. Yes it is hard, yes it takes some sacrifices, and even yes I often doubt myself and wonder if I can be enough for six small children. But I know I'm not doing it alone. I really feel that this is what God has called us to (and if you feel half inclined to do foster care then maybe he is calling you too) and I know his help is what gets us through it




Comments

Popular Posts