FIFTY and FIFTY-ONE

 December 14-December 27 2021


In mid December we finally got more snow. A big blizzard the wiped out our power for about four hours. It was in the night and quite cold! 


Shoveling with all the kids the next morning. 











Israel showing me "what the grinch look like"



And what "the grinch dog look like" 



Esther finished up her semester of nature classes at the nature center. She was the youngest there and thoroughly enjoyed it. She loves being outside. 


Moses moved into a crib in his own room. 



We had a candy cane hunt with friends. The kids loved sledding and the tube that someone brought. 














There is something I just love about walking through trees after a fresh snow. 





My friend Eva, who took Moses's birth photos, was there too and captures some great pictures of the kids. 







Adele my boy crazy child 😅She loves her friend Dominic. 




I got to meet Alba's baby. 
Aaron and Moses. 


Christmas Sunday. My favorite Sunday of the year! This year I found some vintage lederhosen and decided they would be adorable for the boys to wear. I found some for Moses too and it turned out darling!
Leland's family on his mom's side is all from Germany. We have been trying to work on his family history in that line so it seemed fitting!





Moses is now 9 months old. He sits and scoots and almost can crawl. He is as adorable as ever, however he is into much more mischief now!We have to keep the floors clean because everything goes right into his mouth.





Making Christmas wrapping paper. 



A pretty almost winter solistice sunset. 


Christmas-time, where my feelings as a mom often went from this peace


to this. 


Christmas can be over stimulating and hard for kids, but also fun and wonderful and magical. 



We went to the live nativity. The camel is always a favorite. 





Christmas cookies. Orange and blue are Christmas colors, didn't you know?


Watching a movie at Grandma's new house. 


We celebrated winter solistice at forest school. The pond froze which is always very exciting!



















Moses in these little jeans. I just love that little tummy and nursing feet. 



On Christmas Eve Eve we went to the aquarium and out to dinner. 











Then that led us to Christmas Eve. I finished the boys nightshirts in the nick of time. 





I made pies, the kids got to open one present and then we had the nativity play. 










Santa Came!


This was Israel opening the gift Esther got him. 




























Right outside to try the new presents!



Ready to go to Grandma's 




Moses napping at Grandma's like a little angel. 


Christmas this year was different without my dad. It was hard to navigate that grief during the holidays. I've always heard that Christmas can be hard for people grieving but this was the first time I've experienced it for myself. These past few months I've felt like grieving is like an extra task on my to do list. It's always there and if I don't take time to feel it and acknowledge it from time to time then I get overwhelmingly sad. I'm learning that feeling is good. Being sad at times is good. I would rather take time to be sad about important things (missing my dad) than bury that and instead feel sad and angry about silly things like the kids not getting good enough gifts or comparing my life to other's on social media. Still it was a good Christmas. I'm grateful for my kids and Leland and of course my Savior Jesus Christ. 

And to end more sleeping angel pictures. 

















Comments

  1. The kids Christmas outfits are adorable! And I don't think baby Jesus ever looks so delightfully plump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to suggest they use a doll for baby Jesus instead but they would not hear of it. 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts