SIXTEEN

 2021 week sixteen

April 17-23



Last Saturday started with Leland driving back from Phoenix with our van. We feel  very blessed to have been able to afford and find this van. Even though we technically still fit in our minivan, it was a tight squeeze with five kids in carseats (six when were watching baby boy). I am very happy for the upgrade and that we are prepared for more kiddos whenever they come. We went on a Sunday drive to a little pioneer site nearby. The boys still have lingering runny noses so it was nice to get out of the house a bit.





The rest of the week consisted of us doing school, playing outside, and enjoying everything Moses does. He turned one month and is just so adorable. It makes up for him never sleeping anywhere but on Leland or I :)






On Friday we hiked Neff's Canyon as part of Leland's annual work challenge. This is the fourth year we've done these hikes. The first time we did this hike it seemed really difficult. This time it was a breeze. The girls were commenting what a short hike it was. They loved the tepee and swing at the top. It was cold though and Israel was grumpy so we didn't stay to play as long as they would have liked. I may sometimes drag my feet about this hiking challenge each year, but I am really glad that our kids have grown up doing these hikes and have nature ingrained as a part of our family culture. 














This postpartum time has gone fairly well so far. The kids being sick so much has forced me to slow down and stay home more than I otherwise would have. Still though, it has been hard. Being outside and out of the house is how I stay sane so it's been hard not having that, much harder than last year when things were actually locked down. In the past when kids have a minor runny nose I might have taken them out to the store or things, but during these times I feel like you have to be super careful or everyone will judge you. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to May, when hopefully everyone will be better and things will start going back to normal in the world, with nice weather too. 







Comments

Popular Posts