November Things

At the beginning of November, we did respite care for a four year old girl, she was with us for nine days while her foster parents went on a trip. To be honest, I did not want to do it when they first asked me. But they are really desperate for foster families to help. You might not think they would ask someone with 5 kids under 7 and pregnant to watch another kid, but they do, they ask me ALL the time, and I feel guilty saying no, so they wore me down and I said yes to watching this little girl for 9 days. But the more I thought about it, I realized that even though it is hard, and it is a sacrifice for our whole family, it is the best kind of service to teach my kids about. Instead of buying presents for faceless "needy kids" at Christmastime and then going on with our lives, what better way to  teach my kids how to serve someone than to bring them into our home, have my children share their room and give up their bed and  share their toys and their everything for a little while. Really the kids were all very good and excited for it. She got along well with all the kids and was a very sweet girl. There is a big misconception that foster kids all have "issues" but that's not the case at all, they are just regular kids who need a family. In the end  I was glad I said yes, and I know the Lord helped me and give me extra patience that week even though I didn't deserve it. 





The kids loves the tiny bit of snow we got in early November, they've been dying for snow ever since. 


There were lots of warm sunny days in November, a lot is still closed or mask enforced so we mostly stick to outside areas. 






Visiting Wheeler Farm, Esther told me she felt like she was in a book it was so beautiful there. I'm glad she can appreciate it. (This was in October but whatever)




A trip to the aquarium. I really hate the masks but I guess it's good we have some pictures documenting this crazy time. 











My favorite picture ever 😆




We went to the zoo when Leland finally had a Friday off of work. 





















For Thanksgiving we went to my parents house with all my siblings. The kids always have a blast there and are finally big enough to sleep fairly well away from home. It was fun to be with all my siblings for the first time in a year. 





Helping Grandma decorate her tree. 










 

Comments

Popular Posts