5 Things on Friday

1. PRESCHOOL
A couple of weeks ago a friend from our ward asked if I wanted to do a little preschool with her and her boys. I of course said yes because I knew Esther would love it and she does. I thought it would be a ton of work when it was my turn to teach but so far it hasn't been too bad. Esther was so excited for her first day. Adele wanted to be in the pictures too. Esther has a lot of fun so far so hopefully it will be exciting and fun for the rest of the year too. 







2. FOSTER CARE UPDATE
After 2.5 months our application is finally approved. It took quite a while for all the paperwork to go through, way longer than I thought. We have spent that time getting our house ready for our home study, putting a gate on our back steps, putting locking on the cabinets and closets and making screens for the bedroom windows. It hasn't been as crazy as some people make the home study sound but luckily our house is already pretty accommodating. Now we are finally assigned a licensor from the state  and we are just waiting to schedule it. I am getting a little more nervous for foster care  the closer it gets. I am a little worried about the stress, new appointments and all the big changes for our family. But I know it's what we are supposed to be doing right now and the Lord will help me through it all. It only takes a brief glance through the news to see how much there is a need for it.


3. ESTHER AT THE DENTIST
After our last dentist trauma it took me a good couple months to work up the courage to go find another dentist for a second opinion. On Wednesday I took Esther to a new dentist and it was sooooo much better. He said she only had two spots on her teeth that were the beginning of cavities. Yesterday we went back to get them filled, and she did so good! She only needed a little laughing gas, and no numbing, or strapping her down or sketchy sedatives like the other dentist wanted. She also got two sealants and the cost was so much less than the outrageous $500 that the other guy wanted us to pay. After I started looking for another dentist I looked at the reviews of our first dentist and they were so bad! So many people saying that he makes up cavities and does a bad job at fixing them just to make more money, as well as a lot of other unethical practices. I'm so glad I listened to my gut and got out of there when I did! Note to self, always read the google reviews before going somewhere! 


4. ADELE AND HER SLEEP
Adele is so adorable and a little frustrating lately ha. She takes forever to go to sleep, and wakes up at 6am without fail. But she almost always sleeps through the night, so maybe that makes it worth it? Probably not. I guess I was spoiled with Esther who loves to sleep until 8 or later. 



5. PICTURES















Comments

Popular Posts