Camping Near Causey Reservoir

 Well what do you know I'm forever behind on the blog. Well I'm going to attempt to catch up on posts for this summer. I have a million other things to be doing (getting our house ready to sell!!!) but I had my computer out so I thought  I could quickly bust out a post that's been sitting in my drafts for months. 


This year I decided I wanted to do a camping trip each month in the summer. Antelope Island was our camping trip for May. In June we went camping near Causey Reservoir, for two nights this time. The mosquitos were really bad and the campground was nothing to write home about. But we did have s'mores, Rickelle joined us for one night, we had fun introducing the kids to "camping games" and we even went paddleboarding at Causey with six kids! 











Poor Baby got his first moquito bites! He recovered really quickly though and doesn't appear to be allergic to them like Israel is. 










Rickelle took these funny pictures of the kids, making them pose. ;D

























Camping this time without my Dad made me really sad. Every time I've been camping for the past ten years it was always with him. This tent was his pride and joy. Going through all his camping stuff, finding everything he kept organized and ready to go, and just taking it and using it, knowing that he never would again, it was hard. Everything reminded me of him in the worst way.  I was struggling with lack of sleep, plus Leland had to drive back down the canyon to get the paddleboard rentals and pick up Orion from an overnight visit, so I was doing breakfast and everything alone with the kids. I had a good cry about missing Papa. A year later and it's still hard. I don't know if I'm explaining this well, but I just want to remember and write it down. The sad and the happy always coexisting in every experience, especially in the things we always did together. 



Then Leland got back and we took the kids to the reservoir for paddleboarding! I was worried about Moses but he stayed sitting with me or Esther the whole time and all the kids did so good! We got a lot of stares. We got a lot of "all they all yours?" And we got a lot of kind people helping us down to the water and back! One nice middle aged man helped Leland carry the boards all the way back to our van, quite a distance away! I'm so grateful for people who help without the "why are you even doing this you crazy person" attitude. 










The water was so pretty! Despite growing up in Ogden I had never been to Causey before. I definitely want to go back on a weekday when it is less busy. 


After that we just hung out at the campsite and attempted to get the kids to rest a little. 














Sweet sleeping Moses. He slept absolutely terribly every camping trip we took this summer. But for the few minutes he was asleep he was adorable. 


And the best sleeping award always goes to these too!




 

Comments

Popular Posts