Moses at 16 Months

 Well this blog has been long neglected as it has been way too long since I did a good old fashioned baby update. I started this post when Moses was 14 months and it has sat in my drafts folder the past two months. What a mom failure! This boy is going to grow up without proper blog documentation of his babyhood if  I don't get on top of this!



Moses is so BIG lately. He wants to do everything the big kids do. Highchairs and strollers are beneath his dignity. He needs to be sitting on top of the table and running alongside his brothers. Safety measures like cutting up his grapes offend him deeply. He would rather die than eat a cut up grape. Don't even attempt to dissuade him from climbing something he sets his mind to. I found him today sitting proudly on the seat of LELAND'S BIKE! Luckily the bike was chained to a pole so it couldn't tip, but he just scampered on up to the seat, proudly clutching the handlebars and quietly saying "weeeee" to himself as he pretended to ride. 



Moses is so talkative! He has a long list of words he can say which include mama, dada, milk, more, ball, chicken, cat, go go go, no no no (each always repeated 3x), Esther, Adele, uh oh, oh no, all done, water, and I'm sure more. When he is not speaking e=English he is doing the most darling babbling you ever heard. Complete with serious facial expressions and hand gestures as he tells us all the very important things. 



Moses is a little blondie it turns out! He is finally getting some hair in, no I did not buzz his hair he's just been bald his whole life until now. I always pictured my children as little toe-heads. Adele, Israel and Julian all threw that for a loop, but we did get another blondie to match Esther. I know I'm biased but I just think Moses has the most darling little symmetrical face. He is told all day every day how adorable he is by the whole family. 



Moses loves to dance, loves animals (he calls horses dogs which is just too cute) and loves being outside more than ANYTHING. He will stand by the glass door and cry 'side! Side! until someone takes pity on him and takes him out. It has been so nice having Esther and Adele be able to watch him for short periods of time in the backyard. That way he can get his beloved outside play while I make dinner or whatnot. 



Moses also loves books. I try to never let him watch screens but he is enamoured by them, which isn't typical of our kids this age. Moses also loves Leland alomst equally as much as me which has been a surprise! None of our kids ever have, so its been kind of nice. We took Moses' binky away when he was 14 months. He's done well without it. He still loves nursing and will nurse more than any newborn if  I let him. He prefers milk over real food and has quite the ruined palate from the kids feeding him junk food and sugar all the time. Such is the sad life of a 5th child. 



He is quite difficult to get a decent picture of. 




These pictures were from when he had pink eye, poor lamb! The kids had pink eye in june, then we all had covid in July for the first time. Moses got croup from it and was a sickly little baby for a while there. 




Back when he had his bink!




Moses had some very intense stranger danger for a while there! My dearest apologies for anyone we left him with. It wasn't unusual for him to cry the entire time we were gone and once I came home to him cuddling with Adele and whimpering softly, having cried himself out. So he came along on some date nights and I'm really hoping the next time we leave him he won't do that. Poor baby. 


Despite all his mischief (1 is such a hard age for me!) Moses is our little angel. He is such a blessing to our family. He is unconditionally adored by everyone. He will wake me up with kisses, kisses people! How darling is that?! (Nevermind that these wake ups are at 5:30am). And he has started to sleep better recently. I just could not love him more. It makes me sad he's growing up so fast. I really don't want him to turn into a mean toddler. But I'll love him just the same when he does. 


Comments

Popular Posts