April Things

April was a cold month this year! We spent a lot of time outside and enjoying the chicks. We got a lot of school work done too and continued to adjust to being a family of 8.


I hope to always have a little baby rummaging around in my fridge! Moses started walking at the end of April, right around 13 months old. 



We got a new hiking backpack, Moses broke it in with a good nap. 



The first weekend in April is General Conference. We had our traditional cinnamon rolls. I love general conference every time, but since my dad passed away more so. I feel like my testimony just needs that extra burst of love and momentum that comes from listening to the leaders of our church. My favorite talk was The Power of Spiritual Momentum by President Nelson. 





PJs laid out for 7 kids! (We were watching Baby Boy that night.) We ran a marathon/bathed all of them before bed. 







Taking all the kids to the library. 


We did a small little human body unit study. The kids LOVED this body puzzle. 


And went to forest school. 






Holding the chicks. 


And visited parks while Orion was a therapy. 















Israel got a special date and to picked out a chocolate bunny. When ever we get a new placement it is quite disruptive to the kids internal stability and requires a lot of pouring into them, including one on one dates. 







We went on our first hike of the year with friends. The kids did so well!







We moved the chicks out to their coop. 


They were so tiny!


Moses being a darling. 






School time 



We had lots of meals outside as the weather started to get warmer. 




We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. We had never been before, but the girls are getting really into flowers. All the kids were thrilled when our tulips in our garden bloomed so I figured they would love it. It was so beautiful! I felt like I was in England! (Or what I suppose England would feel like, never actually having been there.)











There was one walled off garden called the "secret garden". The girls love the book The Secret Garden, and Adele was convinced we were in THE secret garden. She could have played in there all day. 


The statues of Christ garden was everyone's favorite. I loved how the kids were able to touch everything. I think it really make it more real for them. 







Perks of homeschooling, you get your cat on your lap. 


The blossoms this spring were so beautiful! 
















A  rainy day at our nature group. It was cool to see the mountains completely covered with fog. 


Leland and I were able to go on  date night! I always feel so much happier when we make the effort to prioritize date night, especially in crazy seasons of life. 


Israel looking so much like Leland in this hat! 




We went on another hike/walk for Leland's work challenge. 










Sweet mother's room snuggles. 








Adele lost a top tooth! 


Chickens getting bigger!


We took advantage of a nice day to skip school and go on an adventure. 











I took the kids to a park where I knew there were a lot of dandelions and they don't spray them. They picked a ton and we brought it home to make dandelion tea and one jar of dandelion jelly. 






We found a pretty rainbow out our front door! 


Another day another hike, this one had a really fun swing at the end. 













This was the first day I realized that Moses is definitely going to be a blondie! Up until this point it seemed like it could go either dark or light. 








Someday when I'm old I'll have albums full of these over the shoulder pictures that I'm constantly taking to see if the baby is asleep. 




And a beautiful golden hour view at the end of the hike. 




All of the kids are really into fishing, or would be if they had someone to take them. We took pity on them and took them to the trout farm. They had a blast catching their fish, the workers cleaned them for us and I cooked them up for the kids at home. Seeing how I used to gag anytime my dad tried to make me eat the fish I caught as a kid, I was quite proud of myself for cooking those trout up and for the kids for eating them. Most all of them loved it! It made me a little braver so that hopefully  I can take them all fishing on my own soon. 







That's a wrap for April 2022. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts