Julian's Sealing Day

 October 2nd 2020


Julian's sealing was such a special day. There were so many things I was worried about before hand. But miraculously none of things interfered and the sealing went so well. Here is what I wrote about it on Instagram. 


Yesterday was such a sacred day for our family. Julian was sealed to us forever! With our children that I gave birth to, I went through difficult and painful labors, but once my baby was born I felt such love and holiness as their spirit came earthside and I held them for the first time. I didn’t get to meet Julian on the day he was born, but the feelings yesterday felt the same. We went through some pain and difficulties and a lot of unknowns in this adoption journey, but yesterday the veil parted just a little and I felt that same sweet holiness as Julian was sealed to us. I’m so grateful for the blessing of spending eternity with this family of mine. 🤍







My friend Tami took these amazing pictures for us afterwards. I LOVE them. I will forever cherish them as a reminder for one of the happiest days of my life.





























































This is one of my favorites, Julian's happy dance!










I am not an eloquent writer, so I hesitate to even try to express my emotions of this day. It truly felt like as holy an experience as one can have on earth. Having the children in the temple with Leland and I felt sort of surreal, the masks, the fact that we were just about the only people there, being in the temple again after 8 months, it all felt different and kind of dreamlike. It was very similar to my birth experiences in a lot of ways, like I said above. Humanity and holiness in the same sphere. Outpouring of the spirit alongside restless children. There are certain things I will always remember, holding Israel on my hip amongst my ceremony clothes, the girls questions and comments about everything, Leland and I with our arms full of children as we stood as a family and looked into the mirrors in the sealing room. When we first started foster care, I always had this picture of our sealing day in my mind. It was miraculous how it all came about. We love Julian and feel so blessed he is sealed to us forever. 


Comments

Popular Posts