A New Baby

 


Yes it's true, we have another little bun in the oven! The above picture is a little deceptive because I'm pretty sure my stomach has looked like that after a big meal ever since I've had Israel :) Still, might as well put it to good use because there is a baby in there now, after all. 

This little baby, we love him/her so. (Though I'm 90% sure it's a her*, and the girls have already taken to calling her, her, and we have been buying girl things ((just in case!)) so really it's almost already settled that it's a girl in my mind.) Anyways, I'm sure most everyone thinks we're crazy for getting pregnant in the midst of foster care, and while already having so many young children. But I just wish people could know, could see all the time we've spent thinking about this baby, praying, going back and forth, seeking direction from the Lord. So many people have asked me if this baby was "planned" (blog post for another time about how much I hate that concept) but yes! She was planned! She is wanted, she is loved! And I almost let my rationalizations about timing and my fears of not being enough for so many young children and all the unknown in our life right now stop me from bringing her here. I'm so glad I didn't. I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father's invitation to have her, her nudges reminding me she wanted to come, and Leland's being so supportive and encouraging me. 

 We announced the pregnancy earlier this time, around 9 weeks. We already have to keep so much confidential with foster care, I just didn't want to have another secret. Also I found out SO early this time, I felt like I had known forever at that point. I had my first midwife appointment at just shy of ten weeks, and we were able to hear her heartbeat right away, which I was so thankful for. I was also able to see the baby on a brief ultrasound and I teared up because I love her so much already. 

It hasn't all been easy though. This has been the longest I've gone between pregnancies and I guess I maybe forgot how hard it is? That and Israel's pregnancy was SO easy. I was barely sick and never even really felt pregnant until the last month or so. This time, I have been really nauseous, throwing up often, just like I did with Esther and Adele's pregnancies. (Another reason I think it is a girl.) Also, last time I was pregnant, I had two children to take care of, and now I have five, so I'm sure that makes a difference. Still I have noticed a lot of blessings. Leland working from home has been a huge help. I've also had breaks between the nausea each day around mid-morning, so I've been able to do homeschool fine and keep up with all the household chores pretty much like normal. 

I am 11 weeks now, due at the end of March. By then the kids will be 7, 5, 4, (almost) 3, and Baby Boy is supposed to be reunifying this fall, but if that doesn't happen, he will be 20 months older than this baby. The girls are just so excited, maybe sometime  I will post a video of their reactions when we told them. They are older now and understand everything, so it has been fun to experience with them. 

I just love being pregnant, it feels more sacred and special each time. I'm so grateful for my fertility and that we've been blessed with another pregnancy. 💓
 
*If you are a boy, baby, let me just apologize here for all the times we've called you a girl. 

Comments

Popular Posts