Update

It's been a little while since I've blogged. It's because not much has been going on the past few weeks, well I guess there has been stuff going on I've just been too lazy to document it. So here is a little update.
  • To move or not to move: Our lease is up at the end of June and they are raising our rent if we decide to stay (so lame). So we've debated trying to buy a house and after looking for a while we decided we will just stay here another year. We don't have a ton of space in this apartment but we fit just fine. We have moved every summer for the past 3 years. I am so tired of moving that I'll gladly stay here just to avoid the hassel/stress for another year. 
  • Life with two kids: This picture captures my life right now perfectly. Nursing while reading or watching tv with Esther. I still think of myself as new mom even though Esther is two now. I still feel like I'm adjusting to taking care of someone else all.the.time. I feel like I'm handling things pretty well with two kids but it is hard whether you have one kid or five. I found this article on facebook and it describes my life perfectly This is Why Parents Are More Exhausted Than You Think They Should Be. Especially the part about how they never sleep through the night. Ever. And about binge watching netflix with your husband until 2am. Our life to a T. 
  • I still love them though! They teach me so much about loving and serving and growing. Someone once said that with each child they had they became a little bit better of a person and I feel that way too. I am already infinitely more patient and less selfish than when I first had Esther. At this rate it will only take about 5 more kids until I'm perfect ;) Just look at those cute little faces: 


  • Leland: Leland loves his job. He rides his bike there everyday now that the weather is warm. It's only about a mile away so I don't worry too much. He just passed on of his actuary exams so he has been able to take a break from studying for a while. But now he has started studying for the next one. So maybe I'll have more time to blog now. He is a great dad and so helpful with Esther and Adele. The other day he gave Adele her first bottle. She took it but didn't love it.  


  • Esther: Esther is a hoot these days. She says some pretty funny things. Like during conference she saw the choir singing and kept calling them mermaids haha. I guess singing=mermaids in her mind. She picks up words so quickly and it always surprises me how much she is listening to our conversations. The other day my sister was on the phone and she said chick, Esther heard and started saying "chick cheep cheep". Esther loves to talk and will repeat the same thing over and over until I acknowledge what she's saying. She has also started loving her toys recently. She is suddenly so imaginative and will play by herself for 30 minutes or more at a time. It has made my life so much easier to not have to constantly entertain her. She is obsessed with elephants and they are usually part of any game she plays. As a result our house is a disaster most of the time with toys everywhere, but you win some you lose some.  She set up this little scene all by herself: 


  • Adele: Adele is just the sweetest smily-est little thing. She does get pretty cranky now when she's tired. Our old swing broke and it was a rough couple of days until we got a new one. Now she is back to napping peacefully 3 times a day. I know the swing is a habit we'll have to get rid of later on but for now it works so we're going with it. 



Comments

Popular Posts