The Library

The Provo City Library

Ever since I was in elementary school I have loved reading. We would rarely buy books, but my mom would always drive us to the library. During the summer's she would sign us up for a reading program and we would go to the library every week. I continued the tradition after the summer was over, I was always begging my mom to drive me to the library, I loved reading so much that she would have to take away my books as a punishment haha. 

Once I got my license I would drive myself to the library and check out a huge stack of books almost every week. When I got to college I got pretty busy and would only read the occasional book, but I still got a library card so  I wouldn't have to buy anything. I love checking out new libraries and also got a card when we lived in Austin. 

When Esther was born I just took her right along with me for my weekly trips. Our old apartment was only 2 blocks from the library so I was in heaven. I started checking out books to read for Esther when she was about 2 weeks old.

Esther at about 2 months
She obviously didn't care about them that much at that age, but she did like looking at the pictures, and our pediatrician told us it's a good idea to read to babies from day one. Hopefully all this reading will make her love books as much as her mom!

 Now the walk to the library is a little farther, about a mile each way, but we still try to go each week and Esther loves it! She is starting to really like books, and she loves playing with the toys at the library.


Heading out to the library, notice the books in the background. 

I don't really know what the point of this post was, besides to say that I love reading and the library. And if you don't know what to do with your baby you should gets books from the library to read to them. 

One of my favorite blogs everyday-reading.com has tons of book recommendations. Her taste is great and I always have a huge list of books I want to read after reading her blog. Maybe soon I will copy one of her posts and write about the books that I've been reading lately.

Comments

Popular Posts